Floating is part therapy, part meditation, part transcendence, and all relaxation.
Classically known as “sensory deprivation," floatation therapy is suitable for professionals, athletes, meditators and everyone in between, including children and the elderly. And the benefits grow exponentially when you float regularly; in particular, “training” your brain to produce endorphins and decrease corticosteroids and cortisol while floating can be huge for your overall health. It has a myriad of documented benefits, including:
- Greater athletic performance
- Faster healing process
- Hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis
- Recovery from addictions
- Increased creativity
- Enhanced problem-solving capacity
- Improved health and well-being
- Deepened meditation
- Heighten self-awareness
- Relief of physical pain, mental stress & anxiety
- Improved sleep & immune system
Float Club Membership
A Float Club membership is the cheapest way of ensuring your regular spot in our float tanks, offering discounts of up to 50% off the regular prices. A membership is your personal commitment to your own relaxation and healing.
Everything is provided for your to shower before and after.
90 Minute Float Packages
2 Floats - $112/Month
4 Floats - $201/Month
+ Receive 1 FREE Infrared Sauna Session
8 Floats - $300/Month
+ Receive 2 FREE Infrared Sauna Sessions
WHAT TO EXPECT
During a float, your body is suspended in 10 inches of water that is heated to the same temperature as your skin and contains 900 lbs of Epsom salts. The Epsom salts, by themselves, have a wide range of incredible health benefits, but aside from that the experience is a weightlessness that is often described as like being in space or achieving neutral buoyancy while scuba diving.
Your body fully relaxes – and you really don’t realize how un-relaxed your body normally is until it fully unwinds in a float tank – and your mind is free to relax in nothingness, reflect on solutions to your concerns, or simply wander into other realms and states.
The ultimate goal is for your brain to achieve a Theta state, which brings forward heightened receptivity, flashes of dreamlike imagery and inspiration.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
If it’s your first time floating with us, plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment. We’ll provide an orientation and answer any questions you may have. A few recommendations to prepare for an optimal experience…
· Stomachs that are too empty or too full can be distracting.
· Same goes for bladders.
· Minimize caffeine, stimulants and nicotine use prior to your float when possible.
· Best not to shave, wax or otherwise aggravate your skin day of your float.
· Review our FAQs for answers to common questions.
Floating increases production of:
- Endorphins – the body’s natural pain killer and inflammation reducer
- Serotonin – a primary contributor to feelings of well-being and happiness
- Dopamine – associated with feelings of motivation and reward
Simultaneously, floating decreases production of stress markers:
- Adrenaline – the “fight or flight” hormone
- Cortisol – an established stress-marker in the body
- Norepinephrin – another known marker of nervous system stress
While everyone will experience these brain benefits on some level, the experiential reality for most people – in the beginning, at least – is somewhere in the middle of the range of possible experiences. Nobody should expect an “Altered States” experience or immediate cessation of that back pain that’s been plaguing them for 20 years. But what we promise everyone is a unique and thoroughly pleasant experience that is unlike any you’ve tried before, with the potential for deeply profound experiences that come with float practice.
A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE
The results are as unique as each person floating; some experience a simple deep relaxation of their body, some experience profound meditative insights, some see existing pain disappear altogether.
This is largely due to what is going on neurologically when the brain is put into a Theta state and central nervous system is put into a “parasympathetic state”; this one-two punch of effects dramatically affects neurotransmitter production.